Reed Boyd, President
Tom Dodds, Vice President
Dennis Wright, Treasurer
Judy Canion, Assistant Treasurer
Tom Quirk, Secretary
TRAVIS COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO.
5: BOARD MEETING MINUTES, MAY 7, 2020
CALL TO ORDER AND ESTABLISH A QUORUM: The meeting was called to order at 6:31 p.m. by Commissioner
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 820 7030 7474
a. COMMISSIONERS PRESENT: All
b. COMMISSIONERS ABSENT: N/A
c. MFD MANAGEMENT: Chief Barron, Jennifer Seidel
d. VISITORS: N/A
- MINUTES FROM THE APRIL 2, 2020 BOARD MEETING WERE APPROVED
- PUBLIC COMMENTS: N/A
- ESD TREASURER’S REPORT: Balanced Accounting and Financial Reports were presented by
Commissioner Wright. Payables report was missing from PDF packet, Jennifer to email to
Commissioners the following day, along with explanation of the AXCESS invoice.
- MANCHACA FIRE RESCUE REPORT: Chief Barron presented the attached written report. Certain
**Medical calls of priority 3,4,5 are not being dispatched for FD response
PR Related Events:
• 2 Birthday “Parades”
• Remaining healthy
• One firefighter resigned due for personal reasons
• Offered positions to 6 personnel for part time positions with TCESD5. The personnel went through a modified hiring
and onboarding process
• Office Staff Seidel, Barron, Poole are rotating in/out of the office to lower the risk/exposure to other staff
• FD Auxiliary continue to provide meals on routine basis to offer some “relief” to our personnel
o Support truck F150 was lettered, striped and black wrap applied to top of cab
o Traffic Pre-Emption relocation project to begin May 11
o Still trying locate disinfectant supplies – ordered several items from Travis County Emergency Management to put in
a cabinet we have dedicated to the next pandemic
o The covid-19 antibody test kits were cancelled due to the tests being ruled as “complex” and the MDs of Travis
County issuing a statement regarding the anti-body tests
• Received the official correspondence from the ISO office that they are recommending a Class 2 be given to our
department/area. We are just 3.95 points away from a Class 1.
• We will be able to gain additional points needed to put us in a Class 1 once the new station is open.
• Initial station/training center plat design, costs and space needs received from architects
• Installed key pad entry devices to allow for TCSO to have entry into the building
• Water well project completed – Well is designed to maintain a constant level of water in the large rain water collection
tank. Periodic well readings will need to be done and sent to the Edwards Aquifer Conservation District
• Small storage shed has been moved and we are waiting on the construction team to secure his bond before beginning
work on the large storage shed
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING DISASTER PLANNING: No Action. Chief Barron has
authority for decision making.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING FY20 BUDGET: Items included Bunker gear,
Certification and Incentive pay, Promotion process of LT. to Captain, PTO rollover increase from 264 to
500 annually, New Command Unit, all other items in the Chart of Accounts. Tabled.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING COMMITTING OR ASSIGNING FUNDS FROM THE
GENERAL FUND ACCOUNT: Tabled. Jennifer to provide draft resolution at next board meeting.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING AUXILIARY GROUP UPDATES/REQUESTS OR
APPROVALS NEEDED BY THE BOARD. N/A
- SET AGENDA ITEMS AND DATE FOR MAY MEETING. June 4, 2020
- ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:33 pm