Reed Boyd, President
Oscar Juarez, Vice President
Dennis Wright, Treasurer
Judy Canion, Assistance Treasurer
Tom Dodds, Secretary
TRAVIS COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO.
5: BOARD MEETING MINUTES, November 7, 2019
- CALL TO ORDER AND ESTABLISH A QUORUM: The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by
a. COMMISSIONERS PRESENT: Wright, Canion, Dodds
b. COMMISSIONERS ABSENT: Juarez, Boyd
c. MFD MANAGEMENT: Chief Barron & Jennifer Seidel
d. VISITORS: N/A
- MINUTES FROM THE OCTOBER 2019 BOARD MEETING WERE APPROVED WITH AMENDED CHANGES:
on motion by Commissioner Wright and seconded by Commissioner Dodds. Motion passed.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS: N/A
- ESD TREASURER’S REPORT: Balanced Accounting and Financial Reports were presented by
Commissioner Wright. The reports were accepted on motion by Commissioner Canion, seconded by
Commissioner Dodds. Motion passed.
- MANCHACA FIRE RESCUE REPORT: Chief Barron presented the attached written report. Certain
Fire Prevention Month:
• 8 Fire Prevention programs delivered
• 5 Birthday parties
• 1 Advertising PR event
• 3 National Night Out
• New Battalion vehicle
o Fully in service
• Pumper/Tender Delivered
o All personnel trained
o Unit fully in service and “pushed in service”
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING STATION OWNERSHIP (STATION 503).
No Action. Remove from agenda.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING ORIGINAL STATION 501 Tabled – Chief Barron in
contact with Commissioner Daugherty and Bob Moore – working with contractor of Menchaca Elem to
see about W/WW extension, plot inspection (3.69 acres) Bob Moore is requesting a business plan.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING SUNSET VALLEY MATTER. No action. Remove from
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING ACCESS EASEMENT FOR PROPERTY WEST OF
SFFMA. No action. Remove from agenda.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING ADDING TREES/WELL TO THE PROPERTY. Tabled.
Chief Barron received one quote and will be receiving another.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING CERTIFICATION PAY. No action. Remove from
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING PURCHASE OF UTV/TRUCK AND TRAILER. Tabled.
Chief Barron is still getting quotes.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING “ABATEMENT” No action. Remove from agenda.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING ANNUAL HOLIDAY BANQUET. Manchaca Fire
Auxiliary will be assisting in this event. Event location and food have been decided and MFA will
continue to assist in the event planning. No action.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING AUXILIARY GROUP UPDATES/REQUESTS OR
APPROVALS NEEDED BY THE BOARD. Auxiliary has requested assistance with CPR class and car seat
certification. Chief Barron will assist with the first class in 2020 (5-10 ppl) Commissioner Dodds will
assist with the same. Will need to research for car seat certification classes.
- SET AGENDA ITEMS AND DATE FOR NOVEMBER MEETING. December 5, 2019
- ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7. 56pm