Reed Boyd, President
Oscar Juarez, Vice President
Dennis Wright, Treasurer
Judy Canion, Assistance Treasurer
Tom Dodds, Secretary
TRAVIS COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 5: BOARD MEETING MINUTES, September 4, 2019
- CALL TO ORDER AND ESTABLISH A QUORUM: The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by President Boyd:
a. COMMISSIONERS PRESENT: All
b. COMMISSIONERS ABSENT: None
c. MFD MANAGEMENT: Chief Barron & Jennifer Seidel
d. VISITORS: Attorney Woody Wilson
- MINUTES FROM THE AUG 2019 BOARD MEETING WERE APPROVED: on motion by Commissioner Wright and seconded by Commissioner Canion. Motion passed.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS: N/A
- ESD TREASURER’S REPORT: Balanced Accounting and Financial Reports were presented by Commissioner Wright. The reports were accepted on motion by Commissioner Canion with Second by Commissioner Dodds. Motion passed. See attachments for details.
- MANCHACA FIRE RESCUE REPORT: Chief Barron presented the attached written report. Certain highlights follow:
a. Prepping for the 50th year celebration continues
b. Pumper/Tender inspection trip complete – few items to fix/adjust. Should arrive by Sept 20th, 2019.
c. Battalion vehicle received – going off to lettering, striping, warning lights, radio, etc. installs
d. Old Battalion truck up and Engine up for sale advertised through SFFMA – several inquiries
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING STATION OWNERSHIP (STATION 503).
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING ORIGINAL STATION 501 Tabled – Chief Barron in contact with Commissioner Daugherty and Bob Moore – working with contractor of Menchaca Elem to see about W/WW extension.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING SUNSET VALLEY MATTER. Tabled. Need a dollar figure. Send to Woody Wilson (attorney) for assistance.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING THE APPROVAL OF THE 2019 EFFECTIVE/ROLLBACK TAX RATE AND PUBLICATION OF THE SAME. 2019 Effective/Rollback rate was accepted by Commissioner Boyd, seconded by Commissioner Dodds. Motion passed.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING THE SETTING OF PROPOSED TAX RATE. $.10/$100 suggested by attorney Woody Wilson. On motion to accept by Commissioner Wright, seconded by Commissioner Dodds. Motion passed.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING THE SETTING OF DATES FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS ON THE PROPOSED 2019 TAX RATE AND PUBLICATION OF SAME. Public hearings set to September 23, 2019 & September 26, 2019 @ 6:30pm in the admin building located at 665 W FM 1626 Austin, TX 78748. On motion by Commissioner Wright, seconded by Commissioner Dodds. Motion passed.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING SELLING ENGINE & BATTALION TRUCK. Motion to sell battalion truck for the amount of $15,000-17,500 and the Engine in the amount of $250-285,000 was approved by Commissioner Dodds and seconded by Commissioner Wright. Motion passed.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING ANNUAL HOLIDAY BANQUET. Tabled. Commissioner Boyd suggested Texas Disposal Ranch, Jennifer Seidel contacted, but that location is unavailable. Manchaca Fire Auxiliary will be assisting in this event.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING STRATEGIC PLANNING: Tabled. Possible date in November.
- DISSCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING AUXILIARY GROUP UPDATES/REQUESTS OR APPROVALS NEEDED BY THE BOARD. Reviewed the site plan, timeline and needed requests/invitations.
- SET AGENDA ITEMS AND DATE FOR SEPTEMBER MEETING. October 3, 2019
- ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:35pm
Submitted by: Approved:
Tom Dodds, TCESD #5, Secretary Reed Boyd, TCESD #5, President